Red Cliffs Secondary College Capital Works Upgrade 2017-18
$7 million project - Funded by the state government of Victoria.
In May 2016, the Minister for Education and Deputy Premier, the Honourable James Merlino announced that Red Cliffs Secondary College would receive $7,065,000 in capital works
funding, for the commencement of capital
These works would include:
- The removal of two thirds of the original wing (opened in 1962)
- The construction of a new administration area and staff social lounge.
- The construction of a new senior school centre, which would include:
- A 150 seat flexible lecture theatre style learning centre
- 2 home economics kitchens - one domestic, one commercial
- A student cafeteria, with direct links to the new kitchens
- Year 12 study and conference areas, with direct links to a careers and pathways office
- 4 new classrooms
- The construction of a new locker areas for students
- The upgrade of the existing senior school building into a textiles and fabrics room
The renovation of the remaining third of the original main wing, which would include:
- Upgrade of student toilet facilities
- Increasing workspace for staff, providing more space for collaboration and group planning
- Better utilisation of space to create more classrooms
- Improvements to the acoustics of the art wing to reduce machine noise and echo
- Renovations to the activity centre change rooms and improved heating and cooling to the whole building.